Clinical Assistant Professor Speech and Hearing Program
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
||Clinical Assistant Professor Speech and Hearing Program
||School of Health Sciences
||Faculty - AAUP
The School of Health Sciences and the College of Sciences and Health Professions at Cleveland State University (CSU) is seeking to fill a nine-month, tenure-track position for a Clinical Assistant Professor for the Speech and Hearing Program. The position is to begin fall 2017.
CSU is searching for active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber. The Speech and Hearing Program, which is accredited by the Council of Academic Accreditation (CAA), offers a Bachelor’s degree in Speech and Hearing and Master’s degree in speech-language pathology. The Program is housed in the new, state of the art Center for Innovation in Health Professions. CSU is a unique urban university. Cleveland is a resurgent metropolitan city that is home to world-class hospitals and medical facilities as well as to numerous cultural institutions and recreational resources.
A Clinical Faculty member must hold a master’s or a doctoral degree and be an experienced speech-language pathologist. Candidates are expected to have comprehensive knowledge of the fields of communication sciences and disorders, as well as focused and committed interest in students, sensitivity to student interests, open-mindedness, independence, integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and an intellectual enthusiasm that they can effectively transmit to students. Appointment to this position will be based on evidence of or potential for excellence in teaching and clinical supervision.
Primary Duties: Clinical faculty teach undergraduate and graduate course, provide clinical instruction, are involved in the administration of the CSU Speech and Hearing Clinic, and/or supervise student practica. Responsibilities include course planning and preparation, supervision of students’ independent studies and research projects. Participation in service to the program, school, college, university, and the profession is expected. Clinical faculty may engage in research, professional publication and presentation, and grant seeking.
• A Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders
• A Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
• Ohio board licensure in speech-language pathology (or eligible to obtain)
• At least seven years’ experience as a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist (or part-time experiences equivalent to at least seven years full time)
• Experience as a supervisor, trainer, or mentor of speech-language pathologists
• Evidence of the potential to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in communication sciences and disorders
• Academic course work beyond the Master’s degree
• An earned doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Sciences and Disorders, or a related field conferred by August 2017.
• Ohio Department of Education teaching licensure in speech-language pathology or (or eligible to obtain)
• Evidence of successful teaching of undergraduate and/or graduate courses in communication sciences and disorders
• A record of academic and/or professional service in communication sciences and disorders
• At least 10 years’ experience as a speech-language pathologist (or part-time experiences equivalent to at least 10 years full time)
• Experience and/or interest in promoting inter-professional education
• Experience and/or interest in educational technology and distance learning
• Experience and/or interest in teaching that acknowledges, involves or enhances diversity and cultural competence
• Experience working in a medical setting
- Ability to contribute through teaching and/or service to the diversity, cultural sensitivity, and excellence of the academic community
|Date grant, position, or appointment expires (For Funds Available, Temporary, and Waiver of Posting
|Special Instructions to Applicants
Hiring is contingent on maintaining existing levels of funding from the State of Ohio. Offer of employment is contingent on satisfactory completion of the University’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or University policies or practices, including but not limited to a criminal background check.
Applications will be exclusively accepted online at http://www.csuohio.edu/offices/hrd/employment.html. Mailed or emailed application materials will not be accepted.
|Hiring Range /Pay Rate
Commensurate with experience
|Close Date/Application Deadline
|Open Until Filled
|Tentative Start Date
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Prints and Reprints (Article(s))
- Sample Publications